Friday, January 8, 2010

I've been knitting

I'm embarrassed to admit how long it took me to go through the steps to find and to successfully post this photo--there must be a lot of very talented people on the internet, as obviously it isn't a difficult process for most of you! I was ready to hire an expert, but thanks to an instructional video from Garth (my website guy), I was able to slowly demystify the necessary steps.

This is a photo of my elder grandaughter, wearing the scarf I knit for her from Lucy Neatby's 'Sea Lettuce' pattern. I bought the pattern and the yarn (Celestial Merino, 100 gms.) when we visited Lucy and her staff on our tour in September.

The scarf could have been a little longer, but I stopped a bit early so that Madeline's mother could incorporate some of the yarn into a hat she was knitting for her. I found the project to be enjoyable and would try it again, but did start to wonder when I would finish with all the twirling. It is a dandy pattern for travelling and when one has interruptions, as it was easy to pick up and find out where I should resume knitting.

No comments: