Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stitches West, Toll-free number & Qiviuq workshop

This year I'm making up for the travelling I didn't do in 2009, as I'm going to Santa Clara and Stitches West. I'm actually going to California one day early to spend a day in San Francisco--I've never been there before and it's long been on my list of places to visit. One day isn't much, but I intend to make the most of it. I haven't been to a Stitches event for a number of years and I'm looking forward to seeing friends I've made from the tours. If you see me anywhere in the show, be sure to stop and say hello. I've also registered for three workshops--a busy time.


When I sent out emails last week about the tours, I should have included a toll-free number: you can always call the agency at 1-800-267-5552 and leave a message for me. The trip to Italy is close to being half full. If you want to have another look at the itineraries: http://www.joycejamestours.com/joycejames2010/westcoast.html and http://www.joycejamestours.com/joycejames2010/italy.html.


For lovers of qiviuq, I received notice of a qiviuq workshop to be held in Whitehorse, Yukon on the 26 - 28 March. http://www.folkknits.com/ Learn about qiviuq the finest, warmest & lightest natural fibre ... harvested from wild muskox by Inuvialuit. Qiviuq knitting workshop will be led by Wendy Chambers, internationally renowned fibre artist and instructor. Come join us for a Yukon Knitting Adventure hosted by Folknits in Whitehorse, Yukon. You’ll knit these hand warmers with qiviuq yarn spun from the hair of wild muskox. You’ll see muskox in their wilderness habitat. Tour the historic gold rush City of Whitehorse. Relax in the natural mineral waters of Takhini Hot Springs. Qiviuq Knitting Weekend. March 26-28, 2010. Whitehorse, Yukon.

No comments: