Saturday, December 18, 2010

An announcement

After much thought, I've reached the (difficult) decision to make the tours in 2011 my last. Although many of you have told me I've said that a number of times before, I really, really mean it this time! Since the first tour in 1995, I've made many friends on both sides of the Atlantic and have had unbelievable travel experiences. For a former retail travel agent who loved to knit, these tours allowed me to indulge in two of my favourite activities--travelling and knitting. Although I could always have travelled and knit, it's been the friends I've made who've meant the difference. This was especially borne out recently when I was travelling in both the U.S. and Canada, as at every venue I was fortunate to spend time with travellers who have become friends.

So.....if you've been thinking about coming to Scotland with the fourteenth and final Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour, don't hesitate to contact me and please tell your friends and members of your knitting guilds, so that no one misses out. The information is on my website: http://www.joycejamestours.com/ At this point we have about eight places left.

Barbara from Iowa (thanks Barb) sent me the link to this article from the British newspaper, the Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1338096/Victoria-Rihanna-inspire-new-interest-in-Fair-Isle-jerseys.html. The article details how the traditional, hand knitted Fair Isle and Shetland knitting are very much threatened.

No comments: