Sunday, January 2, 2011

San Francisco

To My Friends & Fellow Travellers: My best wishes for a healthy, happy 2011 and hopefully memorable travels.

I spent the better part of a week over Christmas in San Francisco with one of my sons. We had a wonderful time and both of us were reluctant to leave and would return anytime. We just had time to visit a small number of the wonderful sights and activities available. The city is exceptionally well served by public transportation, and the locals were friendly and always helpful in giving us directions when we needed it. We didn't take a taxi the whole time we were there and did a lot of walking--a good thing for me! The variety of restaurants was incredible, ranging from 'cheap and cheerful' to expensive, but always delicious food.

We stayed at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf which was especially convenient for the ferries, street cars, restaurants and many attractions. I also learned that the Sheraton stands behind their 'Best Rate Guarantee', as I found a cheaper rate on Expedia before our arrival. Sheraton met that price and then gave us a further 10% discount.

Scottish tour update: As long as each person who says she/he is coming, sends in a deposit, we just have three places available.

No comments: