Monday, March 21, 2011

Piecework blanket & more........

Progress report on the blanket: I'm getting there and have completed 70 mitred squares and have knit a moss stitch border on the two longer sides. I'm now picking up the stitches for the third side. The monthly meeting for the Ottawa knitting guild is this evening and I plan to sit and knit during the proceedings.

I also have a sweater for one of my sons which has been 98% completed for close to two years. It is of one of my favourite yarns--Sympathie by Filatura di Crosa--which was discontinued many years ago. Fortunately, I managed to get a supply which will keep me going for a long time. Even though I've knit the Alice Starmore pattern before, I am not happy with the neckline on this garment. A talented member of the guild (of who there are many) has agreed to have a look at the problem. I'm hoping she'll have some ideas and I won't have to unravel the complicated yoke portion. I'll try to post photos later in the week.

Ever since the first day of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, the ongoing nuclear emergencies and the turmoil in the Middle East, I've been reminded of the Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times"!

On a more peaceful note: have a look at my website: http://www.joycejamestours.com/ and think of tranquil days travelling in Wales.

No comments: