Friday, April 1, 2011

Shetland News

I receive a monthly newsletter from Visit Shetland, the tourist information centre. I always enjoy reading the contents and seeing the photos; http://visitshetland.org/april-2011. In the current issue I learned that Jamieson & Smith is offering a Shetland Wool Week this year from 11 to 14 October. It is probably meant for those who live in the U.K., but wanted to mention it in case any North Americans will be in the area at that time. Yarns International (http://www.yarnsinternational/) has announced a new collection of Fair Isle patterns, called 'Shetland Fishing Villages'. The first design, Fethaland has been announced and until April 30, there is a 15% discount on the kit. Recently, I've been busy doing other things and haven't had much time to work on the Piecework Blanket. However, I've finally found a suitable flannelette for the backing--more involved than I expected--and have to finish the ends. It's getting there, if slowly!

1 comment:

Lise said...

Hi Joyce
Thanks for the link to the Shetland Islands. I've been looking at the webcams and other links. I am really looking forward to the longer days. It hadn't dawned on me that the days would be so long there, but it makes sense. I just got myself a new camera so I hope to take lots of pictures of everything. Looking forward to seeing your finished blanket on Monday evening.
Lise