Sunday, September 9, 2012

More news about Shetland

For those who've been waiting, the details for the 15th Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour are just about completed. I can tell you that the trip will begin on the 04 July, 2013 in Glasgow and we'll also go to Shetland, Orkney and the Hebridean islands of Harris and Lewis. As in past tours, our itinerary will include visits to craftspeople, stunning scenery, historical and archaeological sites, beautiful gardens. I've planned a balance between touring and free time. Space is limited and once registration is open, my website will be updated, I'll announce it on my blog and will send out notification to those who've emailed me. However, if I miss you, please let me know.

In less than a month, I'll be back on Shetland to attend Wool Week. I'm really looking forward to returning to one of my favourite places, seeing old friends and attending events planned for the week.

Thus, it was timely to receive the online 60 North Autumn Issue last week. http://issuu.com/promoteshetland/docs/60_north_issue_3.  Whether or not you've visited Shetland before, there is a range of interesting articles: the Shetland Bus (heroism and hardships during World War II when Norway was occupied by the Nazis); an update on the new home of the Shetland Textile Museum at the Bod of Gremista; an interview of novelist Ann Cleeves and much more! It's well worth reading.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hey Joyce

I'm planning on Wales...looking forward to more info! Will the itinerary be similar to the 2012 tour? Thanks!

Wendy