Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Croeso - Welcome to Wales!

Croeso is the Welsh word for Welcome and this is certainly the feeling which our tour members will experience in this proud principality. I'm getting more excited about our upcoming visit and there are just three places left on our tour. Have a look at our unique itinerary: http://www.joycejamestours.com/2013/Wales/index.html and be part of a small group. Don't miss out!

I'm very doubtful this tour will be offered in 2014. If you have any questions or would like to register, either phone me at: 613-695-0889 or email: knitting@joycejamestours.com

Rooms for either single or twin occupancy can be arranged. Many activities are available for spouses or companions who don't have a strong interest in knitting and yarn. They too are very welcome.

Anyone who loves to knit and is interested in yarn, sheep, weaving, spinning, baskets, Welsh food and activities of local guilds, will be especially happy that we visit the annual Wonderwool Wales event: http://www.wonderwoolwales.co.uk/. Your opportunity to meet and chat with talented textile-related craftspeople.

You'll be travelling in both the recognized Land of Song and the Land of Castles. Plus, in an area the size of Massachusetts, there are three national parks; Snowdonia, Pembrokeshire Coast and the Brecon Beacons. This wide range of stunning scenery, history and traditions in a small area makes for ease of touring. (I've also planned a visit to a cousin who has a sheep farm and he's promised a demonstration with his prize-winning sheepdogs.) We will stay in comfortable, distinctive accommodation (including a former coaching inn) with welcoming hosts and delicious meals.Two of our hotels have swimming pools and spas.

This is an image from the Textile Museum of Canada website. http://www.textilemuseum.ca. I have been a member of the museum for years and although I don't visit as often as I'd like--it is located in Toronto and I live in Ottawa--I am more than happy to be a supporter. Last week I spent several happy hours in the library, reading past issues of Selvedge Magazine. (I was concentrating so much that the time went by too quickly and the young volunteer has to remind me they were closing.) I encourage anyone who is visiting Toronto to include the museum during their stay.
Suzani
 

No comments: