Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Where to start?

I can't believe it's been close to two months since I've posted. I wonder if there is truth to the adage that time moves faster as we get older--in my case it does! In any case, my sincere apologies.

As most of my followers know, I was in Scotland for the better part of the month of July. It was a busy time, with sunny days and lots to see. Since my return, I've been trying to get caught up--most importantly getting the details for tours in 2014 to the point where my long suffering website guy can take over. 

I can tell anyone who has been waiting, that there will be three tours for 2014:

-  A special cruise from Norway to Iceland, with a number of visits to ports in Scotland and the Faroes in May. This cruise itinerary will only be offered once next year and I have reserved a number of cabins in a variety of categories.The tour will start with two nights in Bergen prior to the sailing and two nights in Reykjavik after the ship has docked.

-  Scottish Skeins & Skerries, beginning in early July. I've booked all the hotel rooms but am waiting until October until I can get confirmation from Loganair for the domestic flights I've requested. As this year, the tour will start in Glasgow and we'll also visit the Outer Hebrides, Shetland and Orkney. Hard to believe this will be the 16th time this tour has been held.

-  A tour to Ireland in September. I haven't been to Ireland for years, so have been doing a lot of reading and research. I haven't decided on our final itinerary but have a number of ideas and have approached a well-known Irish knitter for a workshop, among other highlights.

No comments: