Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Knitter Magazine


Yesterday, I bought a copy of my favourite knitting magazine, The Knitter, Issue 61. (I see that the next issue has reached the newstands in Britain--we always seems to be close to a month behind to get one in Canada.) I've read through it from cover to cover and keep every past issue, which I don't do with all knitting magazines. Their website is informative, with a blog, errata, free patterns, etc. http://theknitter.themakingspot.com/

I like the immediacy of some of the articles: for instance, Issue #61, which was published in August, contained an article about this year's Woolfest, the fibre festival in Cumbria, held in late June. There was an article about the Estonian Haapsalu shawls and even a pattern by Albertan, Barbara Brown. And much, much more..........

   

No comments: