Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Wales, Shetland, Madrona, Ireland

I'm back home now and will be working hard to get caught up. If I've missed replying to your emails, or haven't returned phone calls, please remind me and I promise to contact you and give the information you need.

There has been some interesting information in my inbox:

-   Welsh Rarebits a small company which represents quality accommodation in Wales. We've stayed at a number of their properties during our tours and have never been disappointed. Have a look at their website: www.rarebits.co.uk. In the latest newsletter there is a contest for a significant prize (250.00 British pounds) which can be used towards a stay or a meal at one of the properties. Well worth a try.

-   Shetland: I may have posted the following before, but in case anyone has missed it, here are some contacts:  A - Z of Shetland video!Postcards from Shetland and the online magazine, 60 North http://visit.shetland.org/onlinemag

-  Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat is scheduled for the 13 - 16 February, 2014 in Tacoma, Washington. http://madronafiberarts.com/. I've been twice and plan to attend again next year.

-  I been advised that there is no information about the tour to Ireland next year on my website. (Thanks Shirley) As soon as I post the details and registration forms for the Viking Cruise and Scotland, I'll be working on the tour to Ireland for September, 2014. I have a rough itinerary in mind but need to do more research.

re: The mitred blanket update - I decided to make it a bit bigger, so before I'm finished with knitting the squares, I will have to complete a total of 108. At present, I've done 49.

No comments: