Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2014 Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour

I wanted to announce the details for the 2014 tour are now on my website. To all those who have been waiting for this information, I apologize--it's taken longer than I'd anticipated. Be assured it will be a great tour. I've sent out  emails to those on my mailing list. If I've overlooked your contact information, please let me know.

If you'd like to join us, complete the registration form and email it to me. Space is limited and there has been a lot of interest in the tour--the sixteenth time it has been held.

Just received the latest copy of the Shetland newsletter, 60 North. As in previous issues, it's full of a wide variety of news and beautiful photographs. If anyone thinks that not much happens on Shetland, they are very much mistaken. Be sure to take the time to go through the contents. http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?eid=3f74fccd-46dc-4727-9774-38b902293e0c

The Selvedge newsletter this month is full of lots of news--mostly about activities in Britain, but also of interest to those who won't be able to visit the U.K. in the next little while. www.selvedge.com

Anyone who has visited Orkney, will be aware of the Orkney chair. On some of past 'Scottish Skeins' trips, we have visited one of the few chair makers in business. It is a very labour-intensive craft and the waiting list to purchase one is long. (Thanks Alice)

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/11345017?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u380&u


No comments: