Saturday, December 21, 2013

Google's home page, Socks & Madrona

I briefly glanced at Google's home page a number of times today before I noticed their current logo--appropriate and clever. Make sure you see it, I expect it will disappear tomorrow.

I've finished the black socks and hope they fit the recipient. My friend, Judy S. in Colorado helped me get started. It seemed that I knit forever on the ribbing, but it was a good project to have when I was at the retreat--didn't require much concentration and I could enjoy the conversation of the group. Once I got back home, I found Ann Budd's book, The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, to be very helpful.

Earlier this week I received an email from Madrona that they still have space in some of their classes. http://madronafiberarts.com. To commemorate the 15th year of the retreat, two patterns have been designed, one for a hat and the other for a scarf. The instructions are both available without charge on the Madrona website. I'm going to knit the scarf by Evelyn Clark. I've long been a fan of her designs and my copy of her book, Knitting Lace Triangles, is practically dog eared as I've used it so much.

No comments: