Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Iceland, Textile Museum in Toronto, a London Tour

This newsletter was in my inbox this morning. www.icelandnaturally.com. Although this issue is understandably oriented towards winter travel, the newsletter illustrates the scope and diversity of the country. Well worth a read.

We'll be seeing many of the Icelandic sights during our 'Follow the Viking Route' cruise and tour in May. If you'd like to come, don't hesitate to contact me, as cabin space on the ship is getting booked up.  

Also, the Textile Museum of Canada sent their December Dispatch newsletter. www.textilemuseum.ca/. There is a lot going on there too--interesting to read about both the permanent collections and special exhibitions.

Last week I went to a presentation hosted by Visit Britain, Air Canada and a number of hotel and rental car companies. One tour I learned about in London, was a custom tour in a classic Mini Cooper car. www.smallcarBIGCITY.com. No doubt an alternative to the open-sided bus tours.

I am going to London for a week after Christmas with one of my granddaughters. Although I've been to the city a number of times, it's been more a matter of connecting flights at Heathrow, or staying at an airport hotel. I've enjoyed researching about the city--so much to see that a week won't be enough, but at least it's a start!
 

No comments: