Saturday, April 12, 2014

Irish Treasures, Kate Davies, Hazel Tindall, Knitting Traditions

I thought I'd 'lost' the previous blog which I composed earlier this week. Just when I was ready to draft a replacement, somehow the blog 'materialized'. A lot that I don't understand!

I've really enjoyed doing the research for our Irish Treasures Tour. Have found more and more memorable places and people for us to visit. I'll be sending the information to my talented, patient, long-suffering website guy tomorrow or Monday. I'll let everyone know when all the details are on my website.

The news just keeps coming:

Alison from Australia told me about Kate Davies's blog which is currently coming from Iceland. I continue to admire and be amazed by what Kate accomplishes: she's a talented designer and photographer, and a frequent blogger. How does she do it all, especially when she has had a stroke and still isn't in the best of health? (As some of you may remember, Kate was going to be our special speaker in Glasgow, during last year's Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour, but she had to cancel due to doctors' orders that she couldn't take on further obligations at that time.) Not to overlook that she is a very nice person.

I've been trying to locate the magazine Knitting Traditions. Several people have recommended that I read it (thanks Kathi), plus I received an email this week from Hazel Tindall telling me that she has had an article printed in the current issue. Will try to track it down.  

I also heard from Hazel about something called 'Knitsonik'. Wasn't sure what it meant, but went to Tom of Holland's site:  http://tomofholland.com/2014/03/01/exploring-mary-walker-phillips/. Wait, there's more: http://tomofholland.com/2014/04/11/knitsonik-blog-tour-part-1/.
http://tomofholland.com/2014/04/12/knitsonik-blog-tour-part-2/.

I think the above is enough to read in one blog!

No comments: